Thursday, March 20, 2008

Standing stone

by theseventhgeneration

This is the standing stone that is near the propped rock from the last post. This is the 'back' side:



There is another rock there, forming a split on the back side of the standing stone, with upright stones on one end, making something like a 3 sided box.



This is the 'front' side, which I'm only calling the front because this is the side that faces the propped rock. I put my half meter stick on it to see if it is visible from the propped rock.



And, it is, albeit a little hard to see. This is a cropped picture, to bring the standing stone closer into view. You may have to click on the picture to see the standing stone in the background. It's just to the left of the smooth barked tree (black birch?).



I have a correction to the prior post. I stated in my post and on the diagram that the direction is North, but it is East, not North. I apologize for making such an error and I'll put in an update to correct the prior post.

So, in the picture above, the direction of the stone's 'tip' on the right side of the photo is East.

No comments :