Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rocking stone videos

Reader soccorro64 writes:

One of the comments on the blog post with the link to my photos of the cairn site in Glocester mentioned rocking stones. I don't think any of the balanced boulders in Glocester will still move, if they ever did. I did find a very easily moved rocking stone in Douglas, MA this spring. I took many photos of a number of interesting rock piles near this rocking stone. I made a video of the rocking stone moving after I got it started, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9l0ov6RleI
I found some very interesting rock piles over the weekend in Pisgah State Park, Chesterfield NH as well.

2 comments :

Norman said...

Shouldn't this be called "rocking stones" or "rocking cairn" rather than "rocking stone"?

Chris Pittman said...

Although it might look like more than one stone, this is actually one strange-looking boulder resting on bedrock. It was the unusual shape of the rock that first got my attention and to my surprise it moved slightly as soon as I touched it.