Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More aerial surveying

[Sorry, I am at least temporarily addicted to this off-subject topic]. I was scanning around near some other features found by reader dc, down inland of the Horn or Africa and west of the Rift Valley. First we see some fun examples of structure [which are very dense in some places] and what looks like an entire large buried city:I only belatedly learned to include the coordinates in the screen grab. Check out that item at the bottom.

Then closer to the Rift Valley and a bit south:These are modern day huts. This converts me to believing the numerous "pie plates" are similar: small villages from the past.

Update: I read that many animal bones were found inside of some of these pie plate. Perhaps I misunderstood but this suggests they were slaughter houses. So where are the tools?

No comments :